Friday, January 7

9 days at Hotspring


Image source:Google

I heard a recitation sound of BazaGuru echoing from the curve of Hot spring well.It was Agay Dopchu from Ozorong,he is drunk again.He started with his epic of Guru tales while battling the debate through humors,dirty jokes,teasing the Ngalong women that consistently keep the teasing and lust temptation arouse within him.

December,January,February and almost in the midst of March are the most favourable time for the people who loves Tsachu(soaking in hot spring).For my Apa,it has been a regular routine going all the way to Gelephu Tsachu atleast once a year.Where as my Ama prefers Chubu Tsachu(Punakha).The Tsachu/soaking in a hotspring has been like a customary way of life dating back to the times as far my Apa remembers recalling the face of his great grand father.It was ultimately me who then get a chance to vist all the Tsachus assisting Apa and Ama as a professional homely Bhutanese cook.I can cook to the tune of their appetites,while being active and flexible in all the matters ranging from shopping to waking up in the middle of night preparing tea and porridge for them.This had made Apa and Ama felt more convenient taking me with them from all the seven siblings.

Winter is the most suitable season for the hot spring goers.While Tsachus/hot spring suppose to contain highly medicinal value,here in Bhutan of myths and beliefs,we strongly in the view of considering these places as the most sacred place visited and blessed by saints with magical powers.Therefore every one must go/must have experience the beauty and charm of natural hot spring bath.

Chubu Tsachu is located in the Majestic Punakaha valley along the banks of river Phochu,a distance of 5 hour initially walk from Samdingkha.Now the new road leads as far as nabdingkha Valley,leaving just a 2-3 hours walk to the hot spring.Its a lovely short kind of trekking,breathing a fresh natural air,while sighting the valleys through the terrains,following the horses that would help you take your rations to the hot spring.If you are long distance walk phobia,its better then to head towards the south for a warm Gelephu Tsachu.A car or cab would take just approximately 15 kilometres from the main town.You don't have to walk like the Chubu Tsachu.

9 lovely days at Tsachu is worth and spent in the most memorable times of my life.I wish to visit atleast once a year again.A 12 year old boy in a red jacket just skipped by in front of my eyes with a cane of Tongma as i passed by him towards the first glimpse of Tsachu pools.A year before me,Apa,Ama,and my younger brother just returned from Chubu Hot spring.This year favoring my Apa,we decided to go for Gelephu Tsachu,which Ama reluctantly agreed.

I was then in class 11.We started our journey from Paro,packing all the necessary ration such as dry chillies,red rice,mini gasstove,blankets,tent,patang,dried vegetables,biscuits,lantern,butter,salt,snacks,milk,torch,match stick,cheese,a tray of egg,some noodles,red label tea,chankey,candles,slippers,half pants,a radio,tea leaves for Suja,pots,hotcase,sikam paa,dried beef.My sisters had,a day before had a grand shopping from Tashi super market,the modern necessities and items,that are required along with regular rations.

At Tsachu i was then involved with regular schedule of cooking.I managed the ration till the last day at Tsachu.It was extremely lovely.I was the man who soaked 8 hours in the well almost panting for breath.My body absorbed the depth of minerals enough to knock off like Mr Bean's chicken cooking.I peeped to the beautiful charming girls who dressed in black paints(slacks),long hair,glossy lips,fair skin,perfume smell that made the madness in me erupt.They come slowly to the well and cant take off my eyes from the sight of their fingers with a black nail polish and purple eyes.That was a kind of madness in me,watching a beauty,never letting it skip by.I was really sorry,cant wait there to watch the entire show of a beauty.My ama distracts me.She comes back to the pool and i had to to sacrifice and leave.I am a shy guy who is so much scare of falling in love and talking of getting crush,forget about it,cant even have guts to propose an opportunity.Lets forget it,all a past stories and memories.

For me the art of happiness within still lingers a shadow.Its through the times at Tsachu,some come for happy trekking in a group,some family,some lovers,some couples,some official,some monks,laymen and cooking that ranges from a a thukpa to fried rice and aroma of the red rice and dried chillies buzzing amongst sikam paa within the aluminium pots keeps me afresh of living memory that yes,i had my wonderful days at Tsachu.Its through laugh and interaction,jokes,songs,the dependability on others that arouse the inner happiness within to go beyond the concept of finding GNH within ourselves.

No comments: